Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Rylie Lynn Nielsen

My big bro Jeffrey B and his girlfriend, Jessica, had their baby girl on September 3rd! She is just so dang cute and I love her already! I haven't been able to go down to AZ to meet her yet but if everything works out, she'll be here for xmas so I'm counting down the days!! Congrats Jeff & Jess! Love you guys!

In other news....Matthew was laid off from his job of 9 years. He had been wanting to look for something new for quite some time but had too much loyalty to his boss. Well, work was just too slow for them so they had to let 2 people go and Matthew was one of them. It's all for the best, though! Matthew interviewed for a job at ClearLink which is where our bro in law Jason works. He was hired 2 days later and just started on Monday! He truely likes it and is excited for the opportunities that this company is already promising and delivering! We will have better insurance, he will get paid time off and there is plenty of opportunity for advancement. It is a complete 180 going from being a blue collar electrician to a white collar desk job but you never know, maybe this is what he was meant to work for all along ;)
We are still trying to get prego. It has been over a year and a half now. I went to a new Dr and I really like him. He is having me track certain things and I will go back to him with my charts and we will go from there. I can't go back until about December b/c Matthew's new insurance won't kick in until then. We did get Matthew tested and everything is great on his end so we at least pinpointed who the issue is with. Now, what the issue is, who knows....Hopefully something will just happen in the meantime.
I quit my job! It feels so good! I was not happy when they reduced my salary (everyones salary, actually) and moved us into an office. I was having a hard time being away from my bug everyday. After a month, I was just not used to it and knew that I just couldn't do it anymore. A few days after Matthew found out he got his job, I quit! I am going to search for another at home job and in the meantime, my house is getting majorly organized! In 2 days, I have gone through all of Jase's clothes and gone from 5 bins to 2 big bins. I also went through all my storage bins in our shed and managed to empty 3 bins to sell in a garage sale one day. I have finished organizing and cleaning my craft room (with the exception of the closet which is in not too bad of shape). My sister will be going through the box of stuff I'm going to get rid of from that room and has already requested my services for organizing her pantry sometime this week ;) I have a list of things to do and feel that I am making good progress! Hopefully, I can complete my list before I start a new job. .....hopefully I'll find a new job!
Til then, I am trying to get a good chunk of stuff to sell on my website A Little of This...
Check it out and pass it along!!! I've made some really cute gift sets for some family members to give as baby shower gifts and apparently they were huge hits! I can't wait to make more! If I can get a good inventory going, I may start to sell on etsy. We'll see!
PS. Does anyone know if blogspot has a way for you to make links like if I want different categories for the items I sell? I may need to change to a different site like weebly so my site looks a little more organized if it doesn't have that option!
XOXO


0 comments: