
After some nachos and fries, we went and rented some tubes and walked several blocks up the river so that we could float down it! "let's go up higher so we can hit more waterfalls" says Jessica. "No, I'll just wait here for you guys to float by and THEN I'll join you" says I. "Um, I'm not leaving her with you by yourself" says husband. What did we do? Hiked up higher so we could hit more waterfalls. Lame. Whatever Jessica. I was not thrilled and, as my luck would have it, I got stuck in this huge swirling, twirling, vortex of death! My tube carried me to the wrong side of the waterfall (no, i couldn't swish my arms and legs strong enough to move me back) and I went down. I landed with my feet straight onto a huge rock. OUCH. Then it pushed me a little to the left and I got stuck. Literally. I. could. not. move. It was kind of scary! I was trying with all my might to push of the dumb rock with my feet but it didn't do anything. The waterfall was coming at me from this end and the rock at that end and more waves from that end. It totally sucked. I was afraid to jump out of my tube b/c the water was SO strong, and I didn't know how deep it was right there, that I didn't want to risk going under and not being able to come back out.

Once my hubby saw me struggling (ok-part of the time I was just sitting there like, hello! come get me, but the other part I was panicking), he jumped off his tube and DOVE into the water and started swimming UP stream. He had this look of sheer determination on his face like 'don't worry my wifa! I'm coming to save you'! His strong muscles got him up the current and over to the shrubbery where he was able to find a spot to climb onto and then got as close to me as he could and stretched out his foot so I could grab it. As soon as I caught hold of him he pulled with all his might and then grabbed my arm with his one outstretched hand and pulled me (with those big, huge, strong muscles of his) out of the swirling, whirling vortex of death. I was saved! He is my hero! I love you husband! I would have been stuck there forever if it wasn't for your bravery!
Matthew was so exhausted after that. Swimming up a strong, overpowering current can do that to ya! (Husband-did this suffice? Did I make you sound fabulous enough....cause you are!!!)

Anyways...after that, we went and had some pizza and then went and soaked in the hot pools, got some ice cream and then drove the 2 1/2 hours back home challenging each other with movie quotes.
















2 comments:
OMG This is hilarious! The vortex of death! Jason was laughing so hard at you, and I said "Jason, she is crying, she is scared, stop laughing!" He was like "Oh, whoops!" The look on Matt's face swimming with all his might against the current moving only an inch at a time. I thought he would never reach you. So glad you were finally rescued and didn't drown in the swirling hurricane force whirlpool!
I forgot about the ride home! That was so much fun challenging each other with movie quotes. There were some good ones! I love my family. You guys are so much fun. That was a trip to remember forever! Lets do it again soon. Who's birthday is next?
I just read this out loud to matthew and his response was "well, you COULD have made me sound better" ;)
Post a Comment