
Matthew and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary on June 4th, 2010!!
I remember the first day we met in 2002. We were at John and Cindy's house (our bro in laws parents). I went there with my brother and he went there with his sister. I was doing a puzzle and he came in to the room with a little bit of awkward small talk. I remember thinking how gorgeous he was and that he was such a 'bad boy'. He had the hottest facial hair! hehe Anyways, John and Cindy had BBQs every Sunday at their house so the following week (Easter Sunday), I asked Jeff if I could tag along again and to my excitement, Matthew was there again, too! We all were sitting down watching TV and I remember sitting on the floor next to the chair he was sitting b/c I wanted to be as close to him as I could get! I had my arm up on his footrest and everything! (I'm giddy just thinking about it!!!). I kept looking over at his sister Jessica and her sis in law Ceason and they kept looking at me and him and winking and mouthing the words 'he's cute huh!'. Little did I know, when I wasn't looking, they were doing the same thing to him! The next day I called Ceason and said "So tell me about this Matt kid". She got so excited and said "He's going to ask you out!!" I couldn't believe it! I thought he was way too cute for me! Apparantly he had done the same thing himself and so Ceason gave him my number. He called me 5 minutes later! I acted all cool and like I didn't remember him (and he believed me) and then told him I was kidding and we ended up going out that very night! He came and picked me up in Jessica's xTerra which I was so excited about (it was the very car I wanted in those days). I told him right then and there that he did not have to be a gentleman and open my door for me, that I was a big girl and I could tell that he was super relieved! He did not seem like the kind of guy to do that! Anyways, we went to dinner at Giovannis (Italian restaurant no longer there) and got to know each other. We hit it off right away! After that we went to Jessica's house and hung out with her and Jason for a while and then we all went to the movies. It was some Dennis Quaid movie about baseball (don't quite remember the name). I knew I would be with this man forever when he sang "build me up buttercup" while we were driving around. I was in heaven! This guy was great looking, had fabulous facial hair ;) and could sing! That was it! I was happy! ...and we've been with each other everyday since! So....I would like to give a special thanks to my Jeffrey, my Ceason and my Jessica for bringing us together! We love you!
Our Anniversary date was a blast! We started the morning by dropping Jase off at my sisters house. Then went and got Fijian massages (they walked all over us, literally!). Then we had lunch at La Puente. Went home and checked movie times and ended up seeing Robin Hood! Awesome movie btw. Then we went to Bonsai for dinner and ended the night with a few games of bowling where I bumped into my childhood friend, Tawnya! We got a lane next to theirs and chatted the night away. It was such an incredible day!
I love you, husband! You mean the world to me and I couldn't live this life without you! Love ur face nu!














2 comments:
Awwww For cutes! I am such a good matchmaker! I knew you two would be perfect together, and I was right!
Love you both! MUAH!
What a fantastic story. I have never heard that before. I had no idea how you guy met. So cute! And, I can't believe my brother was all nervous to call you. And that he sang to you in the car!! I just can't picture it. lol!
Congrautlations, and Happy Anniversary. (a few weeks late) I love you both and am thrilled that you married my brother. You are the worlds greatest sister in law.
XOXO
Post a Comment