Last night I noticed some blood on my carpet...in quite a few spots. I checked Harley's toe nails to see if maybe he stubbed his toe and it was bleeding but didn't see anything so I found his bone to see if maybe he just went crazy with it and his mouth was bleeding....nothing. So I cleaned up the spots and made Harley move a little so that I could get to a spot next to him. I then noticed that it was the bottom of his foot. There was a teeny ball there and it looked like he had picked at it and scratched part of it off and there was a hole in it-looked pretty deep and like it would need stitches :( I called the vet and said that it just didn't look right to me though he is not acting like it hurts. Matthew got home 5 minutes later and took him to the vet to have them fix him up. Boy am I glad that I talked Matthew into going. He called me 20 minutes later and the first thing he said was "it's not good, Hunna. It's not good at all". ;( Apparantly my puppy has a tumor on the bottom of his foot. The Dr. said that it is cancer but that there are several different types of cancer. They did some blood work and we will find out on Thursday if he can take the anesthetic for the surgery he will be having that day. Once they remove it (hopefully all of it) then they will send it to the lab to be analyzed. After a few days, probably Monday or Tuesday, we will find out if it was the type of cancer that just stays put and if we got it all (he might have to go back a few times to make sure they did) or if it is the type of cancer that can spread and in that case, would not be good. He said that this is super common in Boxers but from what he could see, he thinks that it is NOT the type that spreads. Let's hope that this is the case. They bandaged him up and so far he hasn't tried to take it off-but he does walk funny :>
Wish good thoughts for my puppy and I will keep you all updated as we find stuff out.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Mama's Big Brave Boy
Posted by The Brownings at 8:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














6 comments:
Poor puppy!! I will be nicer to him. Um, that pics of Jase in the sink...freckin cute. I didn't know about that. So cute! Too bad you didn't have an extra hand to take a pic of Jase feeding Mollie this morning!
Oh poor guy! I will hope that it is nothing serious and will pray for your bank account! It is not fun to lose a dog.
Jenny that is so sad. My family had a dog that died of cancer about a year ago. The dog went through chemo and just couldn't handle it. Hope everything goes great.
Oh my gosh!! i'm so sorry Jenny!! First issues with Jase being sick and now Harley!! I'm sorry! Well, I hope everything goes great!! Let me know if we can help or if Harley needs some cheering up! Allie and Gator love play dates.
Morgan wants to tell Harley that she is sorry he doesn't feel good and hope they get him all taken care of. Woof Woof!
I hope everything goes well for Harley he is such a beautiful dog!!
Post a Comment