Get ready for some details!!
So, February will mark 2 years for Matthew and I trying to add to our family. It has been a huge struggle for us but we are ever so hopeful that a baby will come for us when he/she is ready to. {Oma and Opa, it's time for you to send me my baby! You've had enough time with him!!! Please!}
I finally got a new doctor last August and had to track my cycles and such for him and then had to wait until Matthew's new insurance kicked in before I could see him again. I went in for an appt on 12/27 and he said that my ovaries and eggs are doing everything that they should be doing (as are Matthew's little guys according to the test he took last fall), so the next step was to go inside of me to check things out.
On Tueday, 1/4, I had a laparoscopy and chromotubation. The chromotubation is where they squirt colored dye through your fallopian tubes to see if there are any leaks or blockage which there was none so that's good. With the laparoscopy, they put me under and made an incision in my belly button and pumped some air into my tummy to move my organs off of my uterus so that they could get to it. This was to check and see if there was any Endometreosis. They did find some and were able to scrape the cysts off. There was also one that was larger than the rest that was sort of hanging from my tube and kind of, i guess sucked into it somewhat......can't really remember what my mom described to me as I was sleepy but she said that the photo of it looked like an egg shaped cocoon. The dr. said that it could possibly have been an ectopic pregnancy. If a fertilized egg implants outside the uterus, it's called an ectopic pregnancy. One in 50 pregnancies ends this way.
Here's how it happens: After conception, the fertilized egg travels down your fallopian tube on its way to your uterus. If the tube is damaged or blocked and fails to propel the egg toward your womb, the egg may become implanted in the tube and continue to develop there. Because almost all ectopic pregnancies occur in one of the fallopian tubes, they're often called "tubal" pregnancies.We won't know for sure if that was what it was until the dr. gets the results back from the lab he is sending it to which will be in a couple of weeks. Usually, an ectopic pregnancy will just absorb into your body but if this was what it was, it didn't which is probably why I was experiencing pains and not able to get pregnant (again).
After my surgery, I went back to my moms so she could take care of me. Jase was at my sisters and Matthew was at work. My stomach doesn't hurt at all (most likely from the percocet) but the air that they filled me with is still in there, some of it anyways, and that is causing me discomfort. My shoulders and rib cage is where the air is going and it hurts if I'm in the wrong position. Jase is being such a sweet little bug though! I showed him where they cut me and told him that he has to be so soft with mama so he has been and has also been getting me crackers and water and letting Harley outside so I don't have to get up as often ;)
We are hopeful that having cleared the endometriosis (for now) will help us to conceive. Keep your fingers crossed for us!!!!














12 comments:
holy cow girl! Hope you are recovering well, we will be praying that this is one step closer to having a baby.
My figures are crossed. Always have been.. xo
Im sending lots of good pregnancy energy your way. Im hoping wonderful things happen for you really soon. Love you! Xoxo
Im sending lots of good pregnancy energy your way. Im hoping wonderful things happen for you really soon. Love you! Xoxo
Did you get to see your insides? I have pictures of mine after my sermons cyst and losing the ovary. It's pretty crazy! Good luck! It took a lot time pregnant, a lot of heartache and losing Jacob before we got our little bundle of joy and I can tell you that it'll make you appreciate the next one that much more.
That's supposed to say Dermoid cyst, my iPod changed it to sermons! Hahahah
I'm crossing my fingers and toes for you. Good luck!
Love you honey! Hope it is all good news from here on out. Let me know if you need anything!
Good luck my Darlings!!
Good luck! Hope you recover well! Hope your body will cooperate with you too! Prayers being sent your way!
Good Luck and Yeah for answers!!! My fingers are crossed, XOXO
Good Jenny :-)
Post a Comment