Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I love you Spookey


I had to say goodbye to my kitty Spookey on Saturday. He was very sick and my mom just couldn't stand to see him suffer anymore so they had to take him to the vet.
I remember the day I got him. I was probably 3 or 4 and I saw him walking around outside. I chased him down the street and then into the neighbors backyard until I finally caught him! I went home and peeked my head around the corner of the living room and asked my mom if dad would let us have another kitty. Then spookey peeked his head around the corner and it was a done deal! He was a little black fluff-ball! I am now 25 so that would make Spookey (or Froom, as we often called him-don't know why) about 22 years old. He had a great life and we will miss him terribly.
This photo says it was taken when I was in kindergarten (but my mom thinks it might have been before that). Notice the brushed out perm I had-it was frizzy to match my cat! Poor thing-he sat in the highchair like a good little boy :>

4 comments:

Terrie said...

I'm pretty sure that was before Kindergarten but since I don't have any of your other pictures to compare it to, I am guessing it was about a year before. My poor Spooky. I miss him so much!

Terrie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Drew and Randi said...

oh! I'm so sorry! It's so sad when you lose a famiy pet! but i do love the hair!! I think it's a hot look for you!

Michelle said...

Awwwww. It sucks losing a pet, we can definitely understand that.