Thursday, May 1, 2008

My Heroes!


This is a photo of my mom and dad from 1980! Aren't they cute!!!
After reading my mom's recent postings I wanted to make a post about them. I constantly remind my parents how great they are but I wanted to make sure that everyone out there knows just how great! People always tell me that I look just like my mom. I love it! I always respond that we do look very similar and sound just alike and am proud to say that I want to grow up to be just like her. She is my best friend (don't worry Kim-you are too!) and is always there to listen to me and help me in any way needed. My dad is just the same. They are very smart and kind and patient and loving. I don't often go over to their house without coming home with something just because they had extra....like toilet paper or snacks! They always make sure that my family and I have everything that we need and more. Usually when I call my dad he asks me what I need this time and is shocked that sometimes I just want to call to talk and remind him that I love him, but when I do need favors or advise (like how to fix my sprinklers or what I need to do to get rid of a mouse) he is always there to help. I remember when I first told him that I was pregnant with Jase he told me that they had an extra room for me to sleep in once I told Matthew!! My dad often reminds me that my husband is a good guy but he can "bust him up" if I need him too. He's too funny! My favorite new memories with them happen every Saturday when we go bowling together. It's hard to go more than a week without seeing them and even harder to go a day without talking to my mom (it makes it easier that we work together). They are so great with baby Jase too-they are the best Oma & Papa ever! I have many great memories with my parents and very few not so great ones. I know that they will always be there for us no matter what the situation and I am forever greatful that they are mine. I love you guys more than the world. Thank you for being you :>

2 comments:

Terrie said...

Way to make me CRY. We love you too honey. All of you!

Burrell said...

How sweet. What a great post. THanks for sharing.