Matthew came in to say goodbye to me this morning as he was leaving for work and the last thing he usually says is "kiss my baby for me" but this morning he said "kiss my BIG BOY baby for me". What! My little man is growing up! Last Tuesday, 2/10, he started climbing out of his crib...before night time was over, during night time and after his night time. Though he knew he could do it, he would usually stay in his bed until after he had had his sleep and then I would hear little tap tap tapping on the door. Like, HELLO MOM! I'm awake now! You can let me out!
He has fallen only once or twice and actually cried b/c it hurt-the other times he just must have had a perfect landing! Monday night, he fell and his foot actually got caught in the slats and he bit his lip and was bleeding and it obviously hurt and I just felt so horrible. I refused to put him back in his crib-what if the same thing happened again or worse? So that night he slept in his playpen. He can still climb out of it but at least it is much lower to the ground.
Last night, Matthew took apart his crib and I brought in Zach's old toddler bed that Kim had given to us. He thought it was so cool and couldn't get enough of it! Those beds are so much fun to jump on you know! I laid in bed with him for about 15 minutes-I just didn't want to leave him in case he wanted to get out of bed but to my surprise, he stayed in there! He woke up around 1 and I went into his room to find him sitting in his rocking chair waiting for me so I rocked him for about a minute and then put him back in bed and left the room and we woke up at 7:40 this morning! Good job buddy! Mommy is so proud of you that you slept in your big boy bed! This weekend, I will be going to get him an actual twin bed frame and mattress or something bigger than just the toddler bed and work my magic on making him a headboard (kids beds are so dang expensive!). Tune in next week for more big boy bed updates! Next step....potty training!
He has fallen only once or twice and actually cried b/c it hurt-the other times he just must have had a perfect landing! Monday night, he fell and his foot actually got caught in the slats and he bit his lip and was bleeding and it obviously hurt and I just felt so horrible. I refused to put him back in his crib-what if the same thing happened again or worse? So that night he slept in his playpen. He can still climb out of it but at least it is much lower to the ground.
Last night, Matthew took apart his crib and I brought in Zach's old toddler bed that Kim had given to us. He thought it was so cool and couldn't get enough of it! Those beds are so much fun to jump on you know! I laid in bed with him for about 15 minutes-I just didn't want to leave him in case he wanted to get out of bed but to my surprise, he stayed in there! He woke up around 1 and I went into his room to find him sitting in his rocking chair waiting for me so I rocked him for about a minute and then put him back in bed and left the room and we woke up at 7:40 this morning! Good job buddy! Mommy is so proud of you that you slept in your big boy bed! This weekend, I will be going to get him an actual twin bed frame and mattress or something bigger than just the toddler bed and work my magic on making him a headboard (kids beds are so dang expensive!). Tune in next week for more big boy bed updates! Next step....potty training!














10 comments:
Hurray! What a big boy! Good job Jase. Oma and Papa are proud of you too!
I alway cried when I had to switch them from the crib to the bed. But Oh so worth it once it is done!
Yea big boy Jasers! So grown up now. Auntie Ranna and Uncle Ken miss you.
Just in time for the new book that Usborne has called "Sophie's Big Bed". It talks about the transition from a crib to a bed and it's really cute. Randall read it to us at the Supervisor training at Regionals!
I can't believe how grown up he is! What a big boy. That is so awesome he slept in there that long on his first night! How awesome. And I was warning you about how hard it would be. I thought you would have to be going in his room every 15 minutes all night to put him back in his bed. What do I know?
Oh my goodness! He is getting so big! We are ready to put Ty in a big boy bed too.. any good suggestions? I am sooo nervous!! Anyways..glad to see everything is going well!!
what a big boy!! oh my gosh!! Good luck with potty training!!
Yeah Jase!!! See you Saturday!
Oh my gosh.......a BIG BOY BED!! He must be so proud, we will have to come have him show us!! Love you guys!! Mommy Deary
Holy cow! I can't believe our kids are growing up so fast! Good for him! Sounds like the transition went well!
Post a Comment