Monday, October 20, 2008

You painted your cupboards again?!!

YES I DID! After two years of looking at my attempt at antiquing my cupboards, I HAD to change it! I went with a dark 'Bison Brown' and Matthew helped me put on some hardware. I also painted the back wall to match the rest of the house. I didn't know how I felt about the change in the beginning-I felt so retro with brown cupboards and told Matthew that I might as well get orange and yellow to decorate with but it has grown on me since it was completely finished. I am thinking turquoise hand towels and accents! Up next.....new stove!

BeforeAfter!

9 comments:

Terrie said...

Wow, I like it. I think the difference between this and the outdated brown is that these are painted, not stained. The light hardware really makes a difference too and yes, I agree with you, stainless steel appliances would make the countertops work better. I say go for a new faucet first. And I like the lighter wall much better.

Burrell said...

I love it. I like the paint that you chose to go with it. And I think turquoise will look amazing with it!

Jessarella said...

Loves it!

Valerie said...

It looks awesome! I love chocolate cabinets!

Jennifer Nicole said...

Me likey!

Drew and Randi said...

i love it!! looks very good! my house next.. right-

Michelle said...

Looks good! I hate the color of my cabinets, I might be calling you some day for tips!

The Treasures said...

That looks great Jenny! All your worries should be gone by now. : ) It looks so cute! Nice work!

Deborah said...

Hey Jenny! You did it! I'm so sorry I never emailed you back I have been so busy with school and work and I didn't have time! But you didn't need any help....it looks beautiful!